Concrete Roads Done Right and Neat
Since the mid-1800s, concrete roads have taken over in many parts of the world. Mostly a mix of sand, water, cement and coarse aggregate, these roads are more durable, less prone to wear and tear and easier to maintain than asphalt. Concrete road pavement can endure 15 to 40 years. Providing a crucial surface texture for noise reduction as well as skid resistance. Concrete road pavement does not require frequent maintenance, reducing costs by elevating the constant road works. The minimum intervention leads to maximum safety as it allows people to carry on with their work. The construction of Concrete road pavements is completed from the by-products of the cement. At the end of their life, Concrete road pavements can be recycled back. They can tolerate extreme weather conditions as they do not melt or buckle during scorching heat. Another environmental benefit of concrete road pavement is that it reduces fuel consumption.
Making use of a below-par concreting service can lead to many structural, financial and timing problems in your project, so it is best to make use of the professional, dedicated concreting service from Genesis Concreting, and have the job done right.
- No reinforcements. Preparation before pouring concrete pays off and is vital to the durability and structural integrity of a structure. We include steel reinforcing in retaining walls and drainage structures, for example. A road needs to be cleared and scraped as proper site prep can mean the difference between quality versus a rushed job due to time constraints.
- Ratio. The water/cement ratio is vital when it comes to concreting, our years of experience have taught us precisely the right combination to ensure the best workability, setting time and strength required for a concrete road.
- Levelling. After pouring concrete, no matter if you are laying a concrete footpath, road or concrete islands, you need to ensure that it is level and smooth with the correct falls required.
We understand concrete, the problems of not handling it in the right way and the structures and reinforcements needed for durability and strength of for instance concrete roundabouts.
Concrete is one of the most versatile materials. It can be used for anything; it allows us to easily install or upgrade concrete footpaths and concrete road pavement efficiently. Different concrete structures such as roundabouts, islands or footpaths require different approaches, reinforcements structures, forms, and finishes. Here are a few things we consider when laying concrete for pathways:
- Choosing the type of concrete: Type 1 concrete would be most suitable for footpaths. Other types of concrete range from those low heat of hydration for dams, high early strength perfect for cold weather and rapid drying time, as well as concrete that will be exposed to sulphate ions in soil or water.
- The finishing. Finishing is an essential part of all concreting projects. If there is no proper finishing, the entire process is worthless. Our concrete footpaths are top-notch from beginning to end. When laying footpaths with concrete, you may need to consider the final finishing of the path, and incorporate rocks or other material, so the texture is not smooth or too slippery.
- Impatience. Our experience has taught us that you need to be patient with the curing process of concrete, you can’t force it and that there is no better way to succeed than proper preparation, and curing. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t work within schedule. Even while working patiently, we never miss our deadline.
We know different site preps, consistency, setting, finishing and curing of different types of concrete and which would be the best for your project. Trust professional, quality care and products.
We have had over 20 years to learn the ins and outs of laying concrete and everything else that goes with it. We have constructed and completed thousands of concrete footpaths, concrete road pavement throughout the years in the industry. Responsible, quality work and communication with client and project managers are, however, at the core of our business, as anyone can go and buy concrete. Still, it takes dedication and understanding to communicate and maintain good working relationships effectively. Contact us to discuss your needs.